Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ultra Orthodox Religious Buses

http://in.news.yahoo.com/reuters_ids_new/20080115/r_t_rtrs_wl_us/twl-israel-back-of-the-bus-rule-sparks-r-d4a870c_1.html

Sometimes I just assume that living in Tel AViv is like the rest of Israel. It isn't. In fact, almost all Israelis, including Jews and Arabs, call Tel Aviv: "The Bubble." It's true. Tel Aviv is a rich, modern city. All of Israel is not like this. You can go out to bars, hear live music, go to art shows, see secular couples walking in the park, women wear whatever they want, religion is seen at the background of society. Leaving the city takes on a new definition of what Israel is. Ever since I've started school, I haven't really left the city too much on the weekends. My semester break is approaching, and even though I still have to teach, I plan on getting out and seeing more of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive