Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

You want to discuss weird sports hobbies???

A camerawomen visiting from Berlin came over and had some tea with me. She informed she worked on a project about chess boxing. Apparently, the sport is picking up in Europe. I looked into it.

Here's a video about it (How's your German?)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing

But then I started thinking...is this really new or is it a rehash. There's nothing new under the sun, and after more consideration I thought about some older merrymakers known by the name of the WU-Tang Clan.



That's some chessboxing, kids....

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty serious endurance sport. Want to go for a few rounds next time we see each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into it. Might be fun to take boxing lessons, but I'll have to admit that the Korean boxer who just died after being in a coma from a match doesn't put me in a happy place. But, I think putting on gloves and beating the shit out of one another would do wonderful things for our friendship.

    ReplyDelete

Archive