Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Music

I just got a ton of new tunes, and I was curious what people were listening to.

What you been listening to, Willis?

I've deleted all my tunes off my hard drive (placed on an external), and I've been rocking out to:

Amon Duul II (1960s German Krautrock band. They helped start the scene in Germany)

Cal Tjader (American vibraphone jazz musician. He is one of the early musicians to fuse Latin rhythms with jazz)

John Zorn's Kristallnacht (experimental musical interpretation of the Night of Broken Glass in Germany before the Holocaust)

Madvillain (MF DOOM and Madlib)


Secret Chiefs 3 (Trey Spruance from Mr. Bungle....weird and weird)

1 comment:

  1. 90.7 WMFE and 89.9 WPRK. The Orlando NPR station and the Rollins College basement indie rock station.

    Both of those give me indie rock, opera, classical, bluegrass, hip hop, world music, country, talk, news, humor, local events and lots of everything else. Basically 80% of it is stuff I've never heard before. I was listening to 1960s Cambodian rock music the other day...

    Oh, and it's free, with no commercials.

    ReplyDelete

Archive