Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dude, you're such a Xenopus....

While helping my parents move out of their old house, I came across a book I bought somewhere sometime long ago. It's a small, purple book called "The Superior Person's Book of Words."

The words in the book are really a lot of fun. I've tried memorizing some of them so I might be able to use them in my day-to-day life. Since most of them are so out there, I have a hard time hanging them on a peg.

I thought I might start posting on Flippinkites some of the words that catch my eye.

---------------------------------------
Xenopus n. - An African toad with teeth in its upper jaw, tentacles on the side of its head, webbed hind feet, and claws on its toes.

1 comment:

  1. You'd probably also like this book then: "There's a Word for It (Revised Edition): A Grandiloquent Guide to Life" by Charles Elster. Awesome fun words for all kinds of things/scenarios/states of being. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Archive