Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Cheese is Extra Gooey

As much as I detest this style of cheesy, mindless nonsense, I do always find it interesting to see how it's being digested in Asia (especially Korea). After living there for a few years and being able to get a grip on cultural norms, I find these windows into culture amusing. I can't even imagine how I would take this if I hadn't lived in Korea for some time.





And the icing on the cake comes from their wikipedia article:

Controversy

During the Dream Concert, held on June 7, 2008 in Korea, fans of all the other artists boycotted the group's performance and held a silent protest by turning off their glow sticks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
That nation loves a protest!
I love it...

1 comment:

  1. I see your Korean Pop and raise it by Eastern European Pop.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX3S1f_7dI4

    "Touch my bum" by the Cheeky Girls of Transylvania, Romania.

    ReplyDelete

Archive