Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Noodle, ceeling, onions*

Yesterday night was a night of conversations. Rarely do people evoke in a same night : the origins of language; the benefits of eating rotten food and having other "healthy" practices; loneliness and togetherness. And yet we stood in that metaphysical world of words, body, nature and the Other. Maybe some vapors threw us that world, or maybe we decided it. I just have something more to say, and like to share it like a piece of cheese (I'll go for Roquefort).

Let me go back to where we were : What did create the language? Well, you have to believe in something, here is my version. At some point of time (or maybe was it outside of time), Man stood alone in nature, and saw it, and desired it and decided to differentiate himself from it. What created language is the desire to tell it, to tell that it is something unattainable, that it is something outside of him. And that's how He (the Man) created a She (Nature).

There is this idea in the air that Man created language for the purpose of communicating with Man. I don't want to believe in that. I precisely want to understand language as this unique possibility to stand alone in front of the Big Everything.

*Shalom Aleikhem, before being the street next to which I live in Tel Aviv, used to be the most incredibly witty and funny Yiddish writer. In his Yiddish "laksh, boydem, tzibale" means "nonsense".

2 comments:

  1. You know, I was going to post something, but after reading this, I think I'd like to just wait a bit and let people coming to the page see this for a few more hours as the first post they see. Thank you, Gay Unicorn...thank you for being so gay....

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thank you for the cheese... was awsome

    ReplyDelete

Archive