Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Music to my arabic soul

I was born and raised in the middle east...
When i was 16 i hosted young people from Germany. When they got here, they asked me where are all the camels they heard about... I offered them to buy Camel cigarettes instead...
When i was 20, traveling in Guatemala i met an Aussie which asked me "how do you treat women in Israel?" - I angrily threw my beer on his head and said: "like bitches!".

Obviously I am not connected enough to my middle-eastern culture, because Israel is tryin so hard to look like the US, and I live in my Tel-avivian bubble.

Food and Music - that's where i find myself connected. very much.
Here you have this awesome blog for ethnic music -
Ethnic Blog not only middle-eastern, but same spirit - listen and your soul will open wide...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive