Interesting Things to Fill Your Beautiful Skull.

Monday, February 23, 2009

... or how i got to see the earth from above and the sky from earth

Last month :
- 1 week in France, death
- 1 week back in Israel, another death
- 1 week in NYC, cold life
- 1 week + in Niamey (Niger), hot life

As I am tired to speak about death
that surrounded me
that introduced it(his?her?)self to me in the form of
an indigestible cocktail of black mambo venom.
How I connected back to earth (i.e. life) seeing giraffes and hippos?
First time in Africa,
I have been exploring the continent for a year and a half now.
Looking at the sky there is no sun ; time for the harmattan, the wind of the desert that envelopes the landscape in a shroud of dust.
Yet, hot life.
Africa seems buried, looks condemned, smells problematic.
Yet, it sounds amazing. I was all ears there,
and my eyes followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive